Holy Cross was opened in Najafgarh on 10.07.1978 by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod , who are working in India since 1886.
Vision and Goal
For God so loved the world that he gave his only son , that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life . For God sent His Son into the world , not to condemn the world , but that the world might be saved through Him.(Jn. 3/16-17) Drawing our inspirations from the Gospel of Jesus and the life of our founders. M. Claudine Echernier we, the Sisters of the Cross strive to reveal to all the merciful love of the father and the liberating power of the Paschal Mystery through our ministry of education , by giving priority to the poor but not exclusively and the oppressed , especially the women and youth.
In keeping with our vision and in response to the needs of our time, we aim at forming well-integrated persons , who will strive to transform society , by meeting the challenges of life and taking a stand in the struggle of the poor and the marginalized.
Our Aims are:
- To nurture persons who are intellectually competent as well as humanly compassionate, who understand the society they live in and feel responsible for its transformation.
- To inculcate in the students respect for each person’s dignity and thereby to promote equality of opportunity and social justice.
- To enable students to realize that persons are independent ,and hence the benefit of education they receive have to be placed at the service of the less privileged , the poor . the oppressed and the marginalized irrespective of caste , class or creed.
- To awaken in them an awareness that they are meant to be persons for others:their whole being-life ,talents aptitudes ,skills is God’s gift to them for the good of their sisters and brothers.
- To develop in them a sense of rootedness in the country and a feeling of commitment towards its welfare.
- To foster in them a sense of Communal Harmony , National Integration and International O-operation.
In order to make our vision a reality we commit ourselves to a new direction in our educational work. We need the whole hearted co-operation of parents, teachers, ex-students and students to make Education an instrument of Social Change.School